Here, I keep some professional highlights, experiences, and reflections.
- Q&A: Leveling Up Your Character! All Hands Taiwan Discusses Professional Growth.
- Setting Things Aside When LINE Won’t Let You
- KAIST’s Dr. Steve Ahn on Startups in South Korea
- Teaching Teamwork, Leadership, & Creativity to Students in Taipei with the Marshmallow Challenge
- (w)ow (t)hat’s (f)antastic. Why I moved from the U.S. to Taiwan.
I also write how-to guides for startups, data analysis, financial, operational analysis. These will get their own landing pages once they pile up.
- VCs Cut First, but the Economic Downturn is Still Good News for Startups
- Strong Startup Ideas Begin with Market Validation
- Questions Startup Founders Should Ask Investors
Zen and the Art of Failing Up
The problem with bad advice is it looks a lot like good advice. To improve our odds of surviving work, I write a monthly LinkedIn newsletter.
- Setting Priorities with Procrastination
- Work and Life Lessons from the NCAA Basketball Tournament
- Why I Quit Being So Accommodating
- A Simple Structure for Efficient Team Meetings
- Secrets of the Slack Pros: An Emoji Guide for Virtual Teams
- Eight Ways to Give Better Feedback at Work
- Review MBA Case Studies Like an Executive (Poets & Quants)
- How to Prepare for a Job Interview, a Checklist (All Hands Taiwan)
Adapted from talks, panel discussions, papers and reports I’ve written. Why things happen in ways that appeal to a wider audience.
- Starlink is Not a Beacon for Russian Airstrikes
- How Data Analysis Fails Leaders During Pandemics
- Winning College, from Studying to Making Friends (Indiana University)
Moving to Taiwan? Quite a few people, especially students, underestimate their needs or have challenges with the process. These ought to help.